Friday, October 13, 2006

building

Been away building a custom cottage for a company called Timmerman Timberworks. Incredible guys, good friends and great craftsmen - makes me nervous doing work for them! What if I screw it up. Went up with my crew on Tuesday and we'll go up again on Monday for another week. This week was a little tricky, getting back into the swing of things, made a few mistakes that I had to correct. When I worked at the shop i remember my uncle saying "you always know if someone has made a mistake because they are working faster than ever!" well that was true of me. There was another guy on the job, more experienced than I, and he kept saying, "do it this way, that way..." annoying beacuse even though he might have been right, there is more than one way to skin a cat! At any rate, I was getting frustrated and I remember reading Brennan Manning and him saying something like, "it is impossible to insult one who knows that their identity is Abba's child." I guess i still have a ways to go to understanding my identity!
I'll try and take some pictures of the job to post soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home