Thursday, November 23, 2006

hugs

I love hugs. Phil Togwell - friend from England found this video on You Tube - must admit I was crying too.

Makes me feel like the opening from Love Actually which is one of my favorite movies of all time.


Interesting isn't it - we are created with a need for community, created with a need to belong, and yet the culture does everything it can to keep us apart and seperate. In fact our life in many ways is this hacking away at our ability to trust people enough to let them into community. I wonder if it helps to know that people will let you down as you enter community. Then your expectation moves to hope which seems healthier. I don't know that I want to expect things from people in my community, other than my family - but I might hope for a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home