Monday, December 11, 2006

God's kindness

My friend Brian in Ibiza has been blogging on God's kindness. Well a few months ago I think now, you'll have to check his blog history. Interesting though I have just been floored by the kindness of God, his compassion. The Lord is so compassionate, why aren't we? I rarely have compassion for people. I was reading again Brennan Manning's Ruthless Trust. This book is one of a handful of books that I would say has changed my life in some way. At any rate he quotes a French writer who comments 'to know all is to forgive all.' When we are compassionate and kind we care about the 'others' story before we comment on it. We also begin to relise that all the postmodernist out there are actually right, that we can not hope to 'know the other' it is an impossibility and so we have two options, disdan or kindness and compassion. Interesting too that the one who actually does know all (who IS the absolute truth....different postmodern post on that perhaps later..but interesting) is the one who forgives all. Amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

please keep the thoughts coming, bro.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home