Sunday, December 10, 2006

short update

So....been a while.
Short of work right now, and by short I mean....none.
Upsetting because I still find myself busy or procarastinating. I think when I am less busy I get almost nothing done and when I am busy I am much more efficient.

I am trying to renew a bit of my mind which still has a hang up about what failure or percieved failure in this life means. I used to think (and still do in the deep recesses of my mind...when i am not beating them down) that if things were'nt working well, if work or family wasn't all going tickety boo it was because I was out of God's will and that if I just did a few things to get back in his will - a little prayer time, bit of a fast and maybe some tithing - that everything would sort itself out. Do you think that is true? I wonder. I don't like it and don't believe it - but it seems to be what a lot of people believe the bible to be saying. remember that oft quoted saying which I certainly can't find in the bible ' the Lord helps those who help themselves.' I kind of think that is a crock of crap - the Lord helps those who can't help themselves. Isn' t that the wonder of the gospel?

Right - well in more mundane news - I found a great new pub - or new to me www.corktownpub.ca (website seems to be down right now....) went for lunch and darts with Caleb today - It was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home